We specialise in funding commercial disputes and insolvency litigation, as well as taking on assignments of particular insolvencies and other matters.
COMMERCIAL DISPUTES FUNDING
We are able to consider any type of case arising from any dispute, including commercial litigation, international arbitration, or group actions in multiple jurisdictions.
We can fund various types of commercial disputes including:
- Commercial Litigation
- Competition Litigation
- Group Litigation
- Consumer Disputes
- Construction Disputes
- Intellectual Property Disputes
- International Arbitration
SPECIALIST INSOLVENCY FUNDING
In addition to funding insolvency litigation, we also deal with insolvent estates, working with insolvency practitioners and their lawyers, and financing their work to maximise recoveries and mitigate risk. All claims above £150,000 will be considered. We can offer an assignment, funding, or both, subject to circumstances. We are able to work with incumbent law firms, or one of our partner firms.
- For lawyers, committed funding to the end of the case means that bills will be paid on time, allowing them to focus exclusively on the legal process.
- For claimants, there is complete mitigation of risk, removing the exposure to pay an adverse costs order.
- For both parties, strained relationships are avoided. Critically, they can pursue claims that might not otherwise be possible.
IF YOU WOULD LIKE TO DISCUSS A COMMERCIAL DISPUTE OR INSOLVENCY RELATED CASE, PLEASE GET IN TOUCH.
The insolvency industry: a case of bad apples amongst good eggs
Roger Dugan argues that the role of insolvency practitioners is often misconceived, following allegations of misconduct within the sector.
Creating and Resourcing an Enforcement Plan to Persuade a Funder to invest in your Enforcement – J-P Pitt
Investment Manager J-P Pitt examines the key elements of persuading a litigation funder to finance enforcement proceedings and key vulnerabilities that can undermine success.
Asertis’s Litigation Funding divisions ranked in the Chambers Litigation Support 2021 Guide
Asertis has been ranked in the Chambers Litigation Support 2021 Guide for Litigation Funding and Litigation Funding: Insolvency.